Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not very impressed with Wolfcom 3rd Eye...
I purchased the Wolfcom 3rd Eye about 2 months ago and I have not been very happy with it. My first issue with it was the price. I purchased the camera for $475 thinking that "hey, it must be good because it costs so much and has all these features". I was sorely mistaken.

When I got my camera I was very disappointed with the quality of the camera mold. It had an extremely cheap plastic feel to it. At that time I knew I may have wasted my money. I got past the cheap plastic feeling and took it out for a test. The video quality was OK (recorded on 1080p), obviously not a GoPro or anything but my cell phone (LG G2) takes a better 1080p video than this camera. Still OK video quality but not for the over priced $475 price tag. Audio quailty was OK as well, a bit of an over sensitive mic but I can see where that would be a good thing. Mounting the camera was pretty simple and the camera was not that heavy. I was only able to get 4hrs of recording time on 1080p. They claim that their camera can record for 17hrs but I have no idea where they are getting that number from.

Looking at other body cameras this camera is over priced and I would not recomend this camera. Not to mention that they want $50 for a suction cup mount!

I have been looking around and I'm thinking about trying the patroleyes hd body camera. A lot cheaper ($300) and has literally all the same features. I'll let you all know how that goes.
When seconds matter, 911 is only minutes away
Were you able to use their video management software?